Sunday, October 12, 2014

Homemade DIY Facial Masks!

Hey everyone! I thought it was about time to post something with a little bit of beauty and DIY in one. So that is why I have decided to post a DIY facial masks for you! I think fall is a great time for facial masks as they keep your skin feeling and looking refreshed and clean. I personally love putting on facials and it always leaves my skin feeling super soft for the next couple days. Throughout this post I will be sharing with you a total of 4 homemade facial masks perfect for a variety of different skin types. Now I haven't tried all of them, but I found most of these recipes online with many great reviews. A little warning...in the oatmeal face mask I didn't microwave the oats long enough so the mask just crumpled on my face and also the face mask for dry skin can cause eye burning so just be careful :p However, these masks were amazing and left my face feeling so good and clean afterwards.


FOR EXFOLIATION (all skin types)

1. Oatmeal Scrub Facial Mask (Exfoliating)


Steps:

  1. Cook a half serving of oatmeal like normal using less water than called for (5 minutes in microwave or until thick on stove top)

  2. Pour in 2 teaspoons of honey

  3. Pour in 1 teaspoon olive oil

  4. Mix together

  5. Let cool until desired temperature

  6. Apply as a scrub, gently rubbing it in small circles over your skin

  7. Rinse with warm water & pat dry
The oatmeal in this scrub exfoliates your skin while the honey and olive oil moisturize!








2. Sugar Vanilla Face Scrub

Steps:

  1. Add in 1/2 cup sugar to bowl

  2. Pour in 1/8 cup olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract {the recipe called for 1/4 cup olive oil but that ended up being way too much and ruining the scrub!}

  3. Stir together

  4. Apply to face as a scrub and rinse off with warm water
PS...since I used 1/4 cup olive oil the scrub looks very yellow and liquidy, so make sure to use less oil in the recipe.







FOR DRY SKIN!

3. Moisturizing oil face mask


Steps:

  1. Pour in 2 tablespoons honey into small bowl

  2. Add in 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar OR lemon juice {Warning: both are quite strong and could burn eyes}

  3. Apply to face bottom to top to limit dripping

  4. Leave on for 20 minutes

  5. Rinse with semi-warm water followed by a cool rinse
This mask heals, moisturizes and balances the pH levels of your skin!





FOR HYDRATION

4. Banana yogurt face mask


Steps:

  1. Thoroughly mash 1/2 a banana (can substitute with avocado) with fork

  2. Add 2 tablespoons plain yogurt-DO NOT use fat free!

  3. Mix in 1 tablespoon honey, or olive/coconut oil

  4. Combine ingredients and apply onto face
I tried out this face mask Friday night and Saturday morning my face felt amazing! Would definitely recommend this face mask as it hydrates your skin and leaves your face soft as silk ;)











Well, that's it! I hope you guys enjoyed this special beauty post and will maybe try out some of the facial masks! Also, I am currently on October Break (in Croatia) so I'm hoping I will be able to have time next week to post 2 times. Thank you for viewing and stay tuned next week <3

No comments:

Post a Comment