Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Dubai | Day 3 + 4!

Hey everyone! So sorry I didn't post yesterday but we didn't get the photos that were taken at our activities until today. Yesterday was a day at the Atlantis Waterpark. Yep, that's how huge this hotel is  it has an entire waterpark. Including the 'Leap of Faith' which is one of the most famous rides-plunging you straight down and into an underwater tube of sharks, fish, etc. After my dad and I enjoyed the slides and lazy river, the three of us went on a shark safari! We wore these large tanks over our head so that we could breathe underwater and basically walked on the bottom of an aquarium filled with stingrays, tons of fishes and even a couple small sharks. It was so cool and exciting, although at first a bit scary because it was a weird feeling being able to breathe normally deep underwater. After that, we took part in feeding the rays. Not my most favorite part since the rays were climbing all over your legs and slurping for food ;p but my parents really enjoyed it and my mom has become obsessed with rays! We then went to the Mall of the Emirates for the evening which is an amazing mall in Dubai. It had so many shops but since we are going to the largest mall in the world on Thursday I tried to restrain my shopaholic instincts. We had Cheesecake Factory for dinner which was delicious since we haven't had that in about two years since moving to Switzerland!






Day 4
Today was one of our only tour days so we got to see more of the Old Town in Dubai and not just the skyscrapers, glamour and modernism throughout this spectacular city. We rode the Hop on Hop off bus throughout most of the city and then walked around the old town near the creek which was so beautiful. It actually also looked quite historic which was surprising for how young the city of Dubai is. We then walked around some markets including the famous spice market. It is quite the experience in there with everyone out trying to persuade you to come to their stall. It was such a nice day and I really enjoyed just spending time with my family seeing more of Dubai-in other words, outside of The Atlantis!














Hope you enjoyed this picture vlogging of my time so far in Dubai and that it has been interesting and entertaining to see? Have you ever been to Dubai? If so what did you do there?

Thank you for viewing and please subscribe to my blog for notifications when I post! xxx



1 comment: