Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween 2014!

Hey everyone and happy late Halloween! As you all know, this Friday was Halloween which is one of my favorite holidays. Unfortunately in Switzerland it is not widely celebrated; however, that didn't stop us from getting dressed up and trick or treating (well, at least trying to). You're probably wondering what the point of this post is if Halloween is now over... well, I am going to be showing you some pictures from the night and just explaining what we did, etc. I wanted to post a DIY costume look, but then ran out of time and figured it wouldn't be very helpful if I posted it after Halloween :)

My friends and I left school a bit early to go and help out at our middle school for service hours. Each year at the middle school an event called,"Trunk or Treat" takes place. All the kids run to the trunks of cars to get candy since there is not much luck ringing houses here and expecting candy! Our job was to make some crafts with them before the trunk or treating started. We are all in the International Award so that's why we needed service hours and figured this would be perfect. At the end of our shift we also got to grab loads of American candy which was definitely a plus and reminded me of Halloweens back in the U.S.






Next, we walked down to the bus stop to begin making our way to my friend's house. We missed the bus by a couple of minutes and had to wait 30 minutes in the cold :0 but finally made it! Below are also some random pictures I took on snapchat through our travel and after school! It is not my final makeup look just a little sneak peek ;) Also, if you want to follow me on snapchat my username is: emilysdc





Once we got to Frida's house, we started to get ready with our makeup! I decided to be a creepy doll because I think it's just a super cute and simple look. For my makeup, I began with applying black face paint to my cheeks out to just below my ear. There are lines on the thicker line so it looks like it is sewed up! Then, I put some white eyeshadow below my eye and added liquid eyeliner lashes to make my eyes look bigger and more 'doll-like'. That's all I did! You could also put some baby pink lipstick just to the center of your lips.





Then we had tacos for dinner and did a little Halloween photoshoot. At night time, we tried to go out trick or treating! I don't have any pictures from that, but it was so much fun! We started with a lot of luck and a giant chocolate bar. The streets were practically empty out but we managed to get a couple handfuls of candy. We also played a prank on some of my friends and were screaming for help :) At the end of night we watched a scary movie," The House at the End of the Street" which was amazing! It had such an interesting plot and was the perfect horror movie for Halloween!


















I hope you guys enjoyed this post! Next week is back to the weekly posts on Sunday. Thanks for viewing Eat Sweat Style <3

No comments:

Post a Comment