Sunday, February 1, 2015

January Favorites!

Hey everyone and Happy February! February is one of my favorite months, not only because of Valentine's day AND my birthday but because it is (usually) the last month before it begins to turn into spring. Since January is now over I finally decided to do a January Favorites post! I've been wanting to do another one for so long now but either timing hasn't been right or I've had no exciting favorites. So, since it is the first month of the new year I figured it would be the perfect time to share some of my favorites so far. They are mainly fashion and beauty products with one random favorite at the end ;) So, let's get into this month's favorites of mine...

Beauty Products


My first beauty favorite of January is the 'fierce, no fear' nail polish from Essie. It looks slightly brown on camera but it is more of a dark color that's pretty hard to explain. I think this polish looks so trendy and is something bold and unique that I normally wouldn't go for. I also love Essie nail polish and it always lasts a really long time for me which is great because usually my nails start chipping one day in after getting them painted. 


To go along with the first item is this nail polish remover that I found at Forever 21. You basically dip your finger into foam coated with nail polish remover, twist a couple times, and your polish is removed! So much easier than using tons of cotton balls and scrubbing for ages until it finally peels off. It's also really handy for traveling since it's all just inside this one tiny package. 


The last beauty favorite of mine is this eyebrow gel from Arbonne. Lately, my brows have been sticking out a bit on the ends and this gel just smooths it out and keeps all your eyebrow hairs together to make sure that you're eyebrows are "ON FLEEK". It's also really light and doesn't feel too heavy or sticky on your brows. 

Fashion Statements


My first fashion favorite I have literally been wearing all month long! It is this black, fuzzy cardigan from Hollister. It is SO soft and since fur is totally in right now it's been a great addition to my closet. Another plus is that it actually keeps me super warm on those warmer winter days so I don't have to always wear a huge winter jacket on-top, because let's face it having to pull on bulky winter jackets just sometimes ruins your outfit and makes you less fashionable of course. 


Next, is a pair of slip-on shoes from Steve Madden that has also been a major staple in my outfits lately. At first I wasn't going to get these because I thought it would be really hard to wear with things since they are so busy and unique. However, I have found countless ways to wear them with simple outfits and they're also very comfortable and surprisingly warm for the winter months. I also think they are a bold statement to jazz up your dull outfits and help you step outside the box in your fashion. 

Accessories are Key


For accessories, I have been loving this gold necklace from Forever 21. It says 'statement necklace' and catches people's eye but without having to wear a big, heavy necklace. I like it because it is simple and the perfect amount of boldness; because sometimes those thick statement necklaces just drown out your outfit!

Randoms


My last monthly favorite is very random indeed but they are stickers..? I have been collecting adorable stickers and putting them on the back of my laptop to add a bit of a personal touch to my Macbook. They are mainly from Wildflower and Brandy because they just come free with purchases and overall I just thought they were really cute and made my laptop stand out. 


I hope you enjoyed this January Favorites post and maybe even try some of these products in the month of February. Thank you for viewing (+ following) and I will see you all next Sunday for another Eat Sweat Style blog post xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment