Sunday, February 15, 2015

Los Angeles Trip Home (Visit)!

Hey everyone! I can't believe it's already been a week and definitely one of the best weeks I've had in a while. We got to fly home to California, visit friends, and run around crazily trying to get in appointments, shopping, and all the necessities. There was definitely a fair amount of shopping done but I figured I would save that for next week's post and instead just share with you about my week here in California.

First off, it has been SO warm! For example, in the mid 80's (and for my European friends around 28 degrees Celsius). That has been really nice because it was snowing in Switzerland when we left so it felt like a little summer break coming out here and soaking in some sunshine. Sadly, I didn't have too much time to lay out and just tan/relax because of our crazy agenda but I tried to make some time for that too.

Sunday
Anyways, before we get into all the details I will take you through how the adventure started and go from there. We left Zurich at around 4:30 (with a delay making it more like 5:15) and flew for 12 hours-yuck. It was a brutal flight because once you arrive in LAX it's actually 2 AM Swiss time so your body is just all confused and feeling gross after such a long flight. However, my carry-on essentials made the flight much easier ;) Once we landed, drove to our house and settled in I went back out again to meet with my friend Annie at our favorite place ever: Target! It was so great meeting up with one of my best friends again and enjoying the limitless supply of everything at Target.




American food? Yes please!!
As you can tell pictures were hard to take since we were basically laughing in all of them!

Monday
Today started off bright and early with an eye doctor where I got a basic check-up and attempted contacts but after 45 minutes and bright red eyes I decided to give it a couple days and come back fresh on Wednesday. Then, I headed over to an outdoor mall with my dad and sister. I purchased a few things from PINK and then headed over to Tilly's to pick up some stuff. For lunch we went to Corner Bakery where I had a turkey, avocado, bacon, and lettuce sandwich sitting out in the sun and enjoying spending some time with one another. After another Target shop and organizing some stuff in my room at home I got to attend a master jazz funk class at my old dance studio (Simi Dance Center). It felt amazing being back at the studio and finally taking a dance class in English rather than German! It was taught by a great teacher from LA-Galen Hooks and we learned a fun and sassy combo to Meghan Trainor. 


Tuesday
On Tuesday I had a more relaxing day, taking some pool pictures with our backyard and enjoying the sunshine. I also went over to Sprinkles-the first cupcake shop that was opened in LA and it was so yummy. As you can tell food was a highlight but also made me feel so stuffed by the end of the week and now I am ready for fruits, veggies, and no junk for a while :p



My swimsuit is from PINK, Victoria's Secret. 

Wednesday
Moving on to Wednesday with another packed full day ahead! It started at the orthodontist with a check-up of braces and my last baby tooth (...I know.. my teeth come out slowly) which had the adult tooth growing in behind it. All of a sudden, I was sent over to the dentist next door and got my tooth removed! Pretty crazy, and then whilst still holding a bloody cotton pad in my mouth I had to practice putting on my contacts again. Luckily I got them in quickly and now finally have contacts! It's been really nice to have them, and be able to..well...see things? A quick stop at Jamba and then we came home for a while since my mouth was in a bit of pain. Next, we went over to the larger mall near our house and shopped for about an hour. Some store highlights were Urban Outfitters and Pac Sun where I purchased the most at. Then, we drove over to Calabasas to visit my second cousin's apartment that she moved into. It was great talking to her and seeing her new place. Finally, I ended the night with another dance class at my studio. 

Thursday
The main highlight of my day today was getting together with my friend Annie to eat lunch and go shopping (again!). We ate at a restaurant called Stacked where you order on iPads at your table which is pretty unique. After some American hamburgers and a strawberry/banana milkshake we walked around the mall for a while. I ended my night with dancing-the perfect way to end the day. 


Friday
In the afternoon my mom, sister and I went and got mani pedis. I got a light pink polish on my toes with a flower design and a french tip for my manicure! It felt so relaxing and nice to finally sit down and feel pampered :D. On Friday evening I met up with some more friends and we went to Red's Barbecue followed by frozen yogurt for dessert! It was so great catching up with old friends and basically talking about the past two years since that's how long I hadn't seen them for. I had so much fun hanging out with them and reuniting.


My dress is from Urban, shoes from Steve Madden, and jean shirt around my waist from Macy's. 



Saturday
Happy Valentine's Day! In the morning we had yummy donuts and got a little Valentine's Day gift from my parents. Today was the final Target shop to get any final beauty products and necessities from the U.S. We also had a delicious and light lunch at Urbane Cafe. Then, in the afternoon I helped my dad in the backyard doing some work and mapping out the sprinkler system-haha! In the evening we went out for an Indian meal and then I watched some Pretty Little Liars whilst eating ice cream since (#single). 



Sunday
And now it's Sunday and we are leaving later tonight :(( However, I met up with my friend Hailee for a breakfast and got to catch up before I left which was really enjoyable! Then, I packed up and organized my room throwing away some old things from a couple years ago. I also soaked up the rays one last time outside and enjoyed the last couple hours here. 



I had such an amazing week and I am so sad to be leaving! Thank you to everyone that made this week memorable and getting to reunite with friends and enjoy hanging out in the place that I've grown up in my whole life. Look forward to next week's post and see what I purchased while over here in LA. 

xxx

2 comments:

  1. where are your jeans from which you were wearing in the pictures from saturday? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are from the Kendall & Kylie Collection at PacSun :)

      Delete