Sunday, August 3, 2014

July Favorites!

Hey everyone! It's that time of the month again-Monthly Faves. I can't believe it's already been a month since my last favorites post and now we're into August already-crazy! Especially since most of you (including me) go back to school this month...ahhh. So, speaking of school, I will be doing a back to school series; however, I start school in late August so most of you will have already started, but that won't be a problem because my posts will not be directly towards the first week of school. Well, anyways, today I'm going to be showing you some of my favorite items this month of July in all the topics you can think of! I hope you enjoy this post and it gives you some ideas for new products to buy and use. **click on images to see them in full size**

Category 1: Fashion!

My first fashion favorite this past month is a girly and fun swimsuit. It's summer so of course I have been wearing lot of swimsuits and this one is by far one of my faves. I love the light pink color and the fringe detailing on the top. It also fits me really well which is a plus and the bottoms have that side-ruched look which I really enjoy in swimsuits. I bought it from Abercrombie and I really adore this swimsuit that has come in handy a lot this month! 👙



Another one of my faves this month is a very random item but has been perfect for lazy summer days because, well, I don't have to wear pants with it 😂 It is my Miley Cyrus t-shirt that I bought at her concert in Zürich a couple months back and I've finally found the perfect ways to wear it. It is also quite big on me so it becomes more of a shirt dress which is really nice and comfortable to wear in the summer months. I have been wearing this shirt countless times this month as pajamas, lounging around at home all day, and even to the lake.



My last fashion favorite is: bralettes! I just recently purchased some at Aerie as an online order and I have become quickly obsessed. I got three in total: white, black, and coral. I love these bralettes-especially in the summertime because you can just wear one thing under rather than wearing multiple tops and straps and it just gets a little bit crazy! They also look really cute and flirty and I think they look nicer than your bra strap showing. You can pair these with any outfit and it will work! Also, if you have a halter top, but don't know how you can wear it, a bralette looks so cute underneath halters and adds a little lace to round the look together.



Category 2: Shoes!

I have one favorite shoe this month and it's of course a sandal! They have been awesome to throw on and not worry about, yet still look stylish. These strappy sandals are a goldish-brown color and rise up just above my ankle to get a gladiator look. They have a zipper at the back making it easy to slip on and off which is a huge bonus to me. I'm not actually sure where I bought them at but they are from the brand Sam Libby. The only downside to these shoes are that they're not the most comfortable, and sometimes give me blisters, but it's worth it because they are really adorable! 👠



Category 3: Beauty/skin care!

I have a total of 3 beauty items to share with you that I think are really beneficial and great products! So, the first one I want to share with you is related to skin care and acne. Acne is one of the worst things to have and always seem to pop up on the most important days. So, this product is a lifesaver and really does work! Now, it's more for clearing up a single zit or pimple rather than your whole face. In other words, you just apply a dab to your affected area. You can apply up to 3 times a day and in nearly one day that pesty zit is gone! Now, I'm not sure if this will work for everyone and I think it depends on the type of pimple you have at the time but it's worth a shot and has worked for me! It's from the brand Clean & Clear and can be bought at any drugstore. It's also oil-free and clear so leaves your skin still feeling light and fresh.



My next two products are beauty-related! The first one you all probably know of so I won't describe it in detail to you but it's just the basic lip scrub from Lush. I'm sharing this particular flavor with you today because some of the lip scrub flavors can taste and feel very artificial...however, this one is so fresh and nice on your lips and really feels like your lips are being exfoliated to the max. It's also yummy to lick off which I find so neat about this product: it's edible!

My last beauty product is also well-known but it's the secret charm body mist from Victoria's Secret. This mist is really airy and not too overpowering of a smell. It's also a perfect natural scent for the summertime!



Category 4: Hair!

My favorite hair product this month has been my Moroccan, agadir, argan oil, hair conditioner! This stuff gets out knots in your hair so easily and argan oil is also supposed to be really healthy for your hair. Not only is this conditioner a necessity for getting out your tangled, after-swimming crazy head, it smells really good and also helps your hair grow faster while repairing split ends! Overall, this conditioner is great and I highly recommend it for anyone in need or not in need of a new conditioner.



Category 5: Accessory

This is my last and final category! So, my favorite accessory this month is more of a bag rather than an accessory but I have literally had it on my back this entire month! It is small but fits in a lot so is really ideal for traveling or hanging out with friends. It's my mini Fjäll Räven backpack in the greenish-brown shade. I'm obsessed with these bags because I think they look so adorable especially since mine is so tiny! Overall, it's just a great summer bag that I have been relying on/using constantly this month.



So, I know this was kind-of a short & sweet July Faves but I just wanted to share my top favorites, rather than blabbing on and on about random things. I hope you took something away with you after reading and looking at these items and that it encouraged you to try out some of these things! Also, thanks so much for viewing my blog and taking the time to read it.

A quick side note, I will be leaving for vacation next Thursday to go on a cruise all around Scandanavia. I will be trying my best to still post Wednesday and Sunday, but I don't know what to expect and how the internet will be, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment