Monday, August 11, 2014

My Summer Skincare Routine + Acne Tips!

Hey everyone! I'm so sorry that this post is one day late but the WIFI is very weak and the connection goes on and off! We're currently on our cruise so the connection is not very good. Btw a little update: the cruise has been amazing and so much fun! So far, we've been to Copenhagen, Oslo, Gothenburg, and Berlin!



On to the topic: My skincare routine! Basically I'm going to be showing what I use when I'm washing my face in the morning and night. They are the products that work best for me and my skin. I'll also be showing my basic lip routine. Side note, I forgot to take pictures of this process but I also enjoy doing the face masks from Lush. They're a bit gross/weird to put on but make my skin feel so soft the next day. My 2 favorite mask flavors are Magnamity of Mint & Oatfix which are super natural feeling and smell really nice. I'm going to describe to you with some small paragraphs/ pictures showing my skin routine and some acne ridden tips; this will hopefully overall give you a sense of great skin products that I enjoy using and also some tips to help prevent breakouts in the future!



Morning time: ðŸŒž
Put your hair up out of your face..I like to do either a loose ponytail or messy bun (anything easy to keep your hair away)




Next, I use my Lulu Lemon headband to keep the soap from going into my hair and any loose hair strands blocking my eyes






Then, you should wash your Clarisonic under water to wet the surface as a base for your facial wash.


 Take your favorite morning facial cleanser-I like this one because it wakes up you're sleepy eyes and exfoliates your skin with little bursting beads. It's a very refreshing citrus scent and has lots of vitamins for keeping your skin healthy and fresh!



Put a small amount of facial cleanser onto the middle of your Clarisonic...


Listen to the beeps and switch to the next section of your face after each beep; lightly rubbing this cleansing tool in small circles all over each facial zone... i.e both cheeks, forehead, & nose/chin areas. In other words the T-Zone of your face where most breakouts normally occur.





Wash off your Clarisonic completely, using your hands to scrub off the grime and cleanser & set aside.



After that, wash your face with lukewarm water until all the cleanser is removed.




Pat your face dry with a small towel.




Next, I use my daily facial moisturizer from Clean & Clear and rub all over my face to keep my skin feeling protected and light throughout the rest of the day! It's very moisturizing yet gentle so leaves you feeling bright and energized.






Lastly, I take my acne spot remover and apply to any affected areas to treat small pimples or acne splotches.





And that's it! A very quick yet effective morning facial wash routine to wake you up  leaving your skin hydrated and feeling fresh for duration of your day.



Super soft lip routine: 👄

Start by taking your favorite Lush (or any brand) lip scrub and rub all over your lips to exfoliate  them. I really like this scrub because it's minty and tastes/feels more organic than some of their other lip scrubs such as the Bubblegum kind.



After you're lips are feeling scrubbed and rejuvinated- you can lick them off! And it is as simple and easy as that. That's one of the reasons I love this particular lip scrub: you don't have clean off your lips!

Finally, I like to finish up my lip routine with an EOS. This one is the vanilla scent which feels very pure and luminous on!


Night Time: 🌚

Tonight I decided to put my hair up into a bun. Here's some pics to show what my usual everyday bun looks like!



Next, I use either my Neutrogena gentle cleanser or my daily acne wash. I choose not to use my Clarisonic at night time because I think it's a bit too much scrubbing for one day and can irritate my face if used too often. Instead, I go the old-fashioned route with just my hands and lukewarm water!




I decided to use my my acne wash...pump 2 squirts into your hands, scrub hands together and gently rub all over your face to help prevent acne. This also surprisingly smells pretty decent for a sacrillic acne wash. It is also oil-free which is great because oils are what overall lead to zits-which we obviously do NOT want!



Completely wash off both your hands and then face. After this, pat dry with a towel. I find that patting your face dry after washing feels a lot cleaner and nicer than rubbing your face dry.

I then take my Burt's Bee's night cream to keep my face from drying out over night. Now, this stuff is pretty thick so I only use it at night time-hence the name "night cream". However, even though it's pretty heavy your face still feels super polished and silky when you wake the next morning! If you have dry skin I would highly recommend this product as it's highly hydrating!




I put on this creme similar to how I put on sunscreen...placing dots on all my main facial features and blending together all across my face and upper neck!





I hope this helped give you an idea of my summer skincare routine and great products that help my face to stay clear (for the most part)!

I'm now going to share three quick tips to help prevent breakouts! These are obviously not guaranteed just suggestions to help TRY and prevent acne-no promises that you're acne will suddenly disappear overnight however!
  1. Wash your face twice a day with lukewarm water and at least 3 times a week with an acne wash  
    Because we all look like this while washing our face...right?
  2. Drink lots of water-this helps clean out your pores and keep you're whole body generally healthy 

3. Try to avoid junk food more specifically chocolate-so this one kinda sounds like a diet tip...but chocolate does the opposite of cleaning out your pores; it blocks them and makes your skin oily thus leading to a higher chance of developing breakouts

 

These are just 3 of my most effective tips that I think decreases your chances of getting pesky zits.
Overall, I really hope you guys liked this post and found it helpful! I'm sorry that it was quite basic but I don't have much time on the cruise and at least wanted to share something with you! Hopefully I'll be able to post the next section of my summer workout series on Sunday (so be sure to stay tuned) however there are no promises due to my connections on the ocean! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment