Wednesday, December 17, 2014

10 Favorite Things About Winter!

Hey everyone! Since we are nearing close to Christmas and I love wintertime, I thought I would share my 10 favorite things about winter with you. Over here in Switzerland it is not looking like a very snowy winter-it hasn't even snowed yet; which is not so great for our skiing reputation! Since, it doesn't feel quite like winter yet I wanted to get in the mood through tumblr which never ceases to suppress my needs for any mood or season.

1. Hot Chocolate
I think this first one is kind-of a given...I mean, who doesn't love a perfect cup of hot chocolate on a cold, winter's day?



2. Fashion
Winter fashion is cozy, full of layers and never disappoints! There are so many ways you can style winter fashion and can dress up or down outfits to fit any occasion. Also, how can you go wrong with a trendy, winter boot?



3. Blankets by the Fire
Snuggling up in a soft blanket watching movies by the fire could not get any better! Although, sometimes it sounds super nice in photos but then in reality-your fire pit doesn't work, the blanket is getting too hot and the movie you want to watch isn't on Netflix...




4. Cold Weather
Cold weather is one of my favorites because when its rainy or chilly outside I just feel so warm inside and can't wait to snuggle up at home and make that perfect cup of cocoa! I'm not saying super gray and depressing weather or freezing snowstorms; but just cold or rainy days to put you in the spirit and allow you to be lazy and relax at home. 




5. My Birthday
My birthday is in one of the last winter months-February 23! 



6. Ice Skating
For starters, I am not amazing when it comes to skating but as long as you enjoy it I don't think you have to be super good at it. I think ice skating is so fun with friends or family and feels so good to just enjoy the ice and cold air and bond with people-after all that's what the holiday season is about right?



7. Cookies
I crave the baking and eating of Christmas cookies every year! In my house, baking is a huge thing and so we almost always have a supply of homemade cookies during the holiday season. I think decorating cookies all christmas-y is one of the best parts (besides the eating of course). Overall, baking a nice batch of cookies while listening to holiday music could not get any better!


8. Spirits in the air
During the winter and holiday season you can practically feel the festivity and spirit through the air. Everyone is happy and home for the holidays and spirits are up. After all, buying gifts for one another, giving back to the community and spending quality time with friends and family definitely makes me feel good inside!





9. Lights
One of the traditions in our family (when living in California) was every Christmas Eve we would walk around the neighborhood enjoying all the decorated houses and lights! In general, I love how in the winter season everything is all lit up and festive-especially since it gets dark so early now!





10. C H R I S T M A S

If you celebrate Christmas and don't love it then...well...I'm not really sure what to say. Overall, Christmas makes me so happy and I just think its such a spirited and merry holiday. After all, I don't think the presents are what makes it great, just being with family, enjoying the holiday season and taking the time to give back to the people you love. Christmas always has been one of my favorite holidays and always will be. 



What's your favorite thing about winter?


Happy Holidays and talk soon xx

3 comments:

  1. My favorite thing about the winter is snow! I love snow because it puts me in the perfect winter mood + I get to do one of my favorite sports: Skiing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment <3 It also puts me into that perfect winter mood and I know how much you love to ski!

    ReplyDelete