Monday, December 15, 2014

'Winter' Look book Part 1!

Hey everyone! Tis' the season for...winter fashion! So, you may be wondering why winter is in quotes -I mean it is December right? And also why there is a Pt 1? Well usually part 1 means a series and that is exactly what this winter look book will be! I decided on doing a winter look book series which will probably have three parts-one now, one in January, and the last in February. This brings me back to the 'winter' part of my title-the first section to this exciting look book is for those of you that live in warmer climates. The outfits in this look book are still suitable for chillier days and look more cozy and wintery, however can also be worn on warmer winter days. I'm not saying for those climates which are like summer time in this season, but more mild winters (i.e Southern California)!

I also collaborated with one of my best friends for this specific look book and we helped each other to take pictures for each other's blogs. She also has a super cool blog very similar to mine, so if you are interested please go check out her blog at http://rufflesandberries.blogspot.ch ! It is based a lot on fashion and has some really creative DIY projects to fill up your Winter Break. Without further a do, let's get into the post!



Outfit #1: Perfectly Plaid
Plaid skirts are super trendy but sometimes they can be difficult to wear especially when it's colder, that's why I am obsessed with this soft plaid cropped tee I recently purchased. It still gives off a trendy and Christmas vibe without having to wear a skirt for those of you who just prefer a nice pair of jeans! I paired this top with a simple pair of dark wash jeans and gray converse. Then, you can add some warmth with a nice loose cardigan!




 








Plaid Shirt & Cardigan: Brandy
Jeans: American Apparel
Shoes: Converse

Outfit #2: Flannel Flare
The next outfit is perfect for those who prefer subtle outfits with pops of color. I have paired a striped dress with a cropped black sweater and tights for a warmer look without looking too bundled up. Then, I decided to tie a flannel around my waist, mainly for the style but also for extra warmth if needed. I think this look is really nice and can be worn in various ways over several different temperature ranges. Since there are many layers, it can be stripped down for a cute summer look too, by removing the tights and sweater!












Dress & Sweater: Brandy
Flannel: H&M
Tights: Target
Shoes: Converse


Look #3: Sporty Sheek
I absolutely love this last look and think it is so trendy and cute. I love the black vibe to it because I feel like with black it's hard to wear a lot without verging goth; but when it pairs well it looks super sheek. This shirt is probably one of my favorite parts of the outfit because of the leather patches on the sleeve which give it a more textural feel. The black jeans I actually distressed by myself which I will be showing in another post sometime soon ;) and I finished the look with black nikes for a sportier touch. The nikes are also a great addition because they make the outfit really comfortable without ditching style-it also adds a walking element to the look which is nice when touring!








Shirt: Saint Tropez
Jeans: Pac-sun
Shoes: Nike

That concludes the first part to my 'winter' lookbook! I hope you enjoyed and remember to check back for the next 2 parts in the months of January and February. Since, I am also on Winter Break be expecting tons of posts in the upcoming weeks :) Also, remember to check out my friend's blog at http://rufflesandberries.blogspot.ch 

Happy December
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment