Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Homemade Waffles Recipe | Summer Breakfasts!

Hey everyone! You will never want to make another toaster waffle after you finish reading this post! Waffles are one of my favorite breakfast meals to have during the summer when I have more time to make them. Light, fluffy, and topped with tons of fresh fruit; waffles are the perfect breakfast meal to kickstart your day on the right foot. Therefore, I hope you'll continue reading on to find out how to make your very own, homemade waffles.


What you will need...
  • Waffle maker - can be found at any appliance / homeware store. We purchased ours at Crate & Barrel but I know that Williams and Sonoma also has many great options. 
  • Waffle ingredients - listed below
  • Mixer - to stir the batter into the perfect consistency!



Ingredients...
  • 2 cups flour
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs, separated
  • 1/2 cup oil or butter
  • 2 cups milk
  • Dash of almond extract (optional)




Instructions...
  1. In a large bowl, stir all the dry ingredients together until lightly combined
  2. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing between each along with the milk and oil
  3. Add the liquid, stirred ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix
  4. Personally, I enjoy a hint of almond flavor in my waffles so I also add in a dash of almond extract to the batter to make the flavors stand out more
  5. Once the batter is mixed and has set for 5 minutes you can begin cooking your waffles! 
  6. Finally, top your perfectly golden-brown waffles with fresh fruit, syrup or eve some whipped cream - have fun with it. 









I hope some of you try out this waffle recipe and if you do let me know how it goes! Personally, I thought they were delicious and the fresh fruit made a huge difference in adding flavor and natural sugars to the waffle! Until Sunday xx


No comments:

Post a Comment