Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day! | Travel, Fashion + Q & A

Hey everyone! Happy Mother's day to all the amazing mom's out there! I wanted to start off this post by thanking my mom for everything she's done for me, since Mother's day is all about appreciating our strong, brave, awesome mom's who would do anything for us.

So, mom, thank you for always being someone I can rely on and count on for anything. Thank you for taking me places and driving me like a taxi cab my entire life. Thank you for always keeping up with the trends and being such a cool mom ;). Thank you for making me laugh when I'm sad. Thank you for taking care of me when I'm sick or not feeling well. Thank you for pushing me to be the best person I can be. And finally, thank you for teaching me the ins and outs of motherhood and inspiring me to one day be half as good of a mom as you.

Now onto the post! I wanted to share with you what our Mother's Day looked like from Switzerland in our family and take you through the day with us! This will also include my outfits, etc for a little spring fashion inspiration. Lastly, I will be interviewing my mom and putting her personal answers down below so you can get to know my mom better.

Brunch at Fork & Bottle
We began Mother's day with a brunch, of course, at one of our favorite American restaurants - Fork and Bottle! It's one of the only breakfast/brunch style places where we live and it has huge pancakes, breakfast burritos, bacon, etc. It was such a sunny day so luckily we got to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine and great food!









Walking around Appenzell
After brunch, we went and explored a little Swiss town on the mountains since it was such a clear and beautiful day! It was about an hour and a half drive away so we put on some music and enjoyed the spectacular views out the window. Appenzeller was a really cute and quaint town and we just strolled up and down the streets with Tilly and a friend's dog whom we were watching. It was a really nice time and the landscape was so green and breathtaking around the town and the drive to and from.







2-piece set: Brandy Melville
Shoes: Steve Madden 
Sandals from brunch: Quicksilver
Sweater around waist: Urban Outfitters










Q & A with my Mom
  1. What do you think of me blogging?
    1. "I think it's a creative way for you to express your interests"
  2. Have you learned anything about fashion or beauty from me?
    1. "I'm not much of a fashionista so I kinda skip over those posts but I do enjoy the food posts" :)
  3. What's something I do that annoys you?
    1. "When you doubt yourself"
  4. What's your favorite food?
    1. "Probably pizza...or beets"
  5. Describe yourself in 5 words...
    1. "Mom, hardworking, loyal, honest and lazy"
Thank you so much for viewing this post and I hope you enjoyed it! It was something a bit more sentimental and also showed you another cute Swiss town. Once again, Happy Mother's Day!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment