Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Perfect + Healthy Breakfast // Overnight Oats 3 Ways!

Hey everyone! We've had a very rainy start to May here in Switzerland but hopefully sunshine is upon us. I haven't done a food / recipe post on my blog for a while so I thought what better way to start off the month of May then with a breakfast post for mornings when you're in a hurry. If you're anything like me, once May comes rolling around my enthusiasm for school and learning is at its lowest and I am constantly checking how many days until summer. Therefore, I have three delicious and healthy breakfast variations for one of my favorites - overnight oats!

Overnight oats are made the night before (to save you a ton of time preparing breakfast in the morning), are super filling, and really healthy to kickstart your day in the right direction. The three recipes I will be sharing with you are: Strawberry Banana Oats, Blueberry Infused Oats, and French Toast inspired Oats. This grab and go breakfast is sure to be a weekly staple in your refrigerator!

Blueberry-Infused Overnight Oats
The first recipe is a blueberry banana mixture - my two favorite fruits for oatmeal. I think the softness of the banana pairs so well with the slight crunch of the blueberries and the two flavors work great together. The creaminess of the milk and yogurt also add such a great texture and taste to make this breakfast one you will love.



French Toast Overnight Oats
Okay, let's be real about the next variation...when I heard the name it was slightly off-putting because I just couldn't imagine french toast tasting well with cold oatmeal?! However, I decided to give it a try because I love french toast and I love oatmeal. I have to say this is one of the sweetest recipes of the three but it's so tasty! Also, sometimes in the mornings after breakfast I crave something sweet and this had the perfect balance of natural sugars and fibers to give me that small sugar kick.



Strawberry Banana Oats
The last recipe I haven't tried yet (but am going to this week) but I chose to write about it because you can never go wrong with a strawberry-banana combo. The two fruits go hand in hand so I figured this must be a delicious recipe. It's packed with tons of protein, fiber and nutritious fruits to start your day on a high note.



I hope you all enjoyed this special breakfast post and if you're looking for more healthy breakfast ideas you can click on the link here: 5 Healthy Breakfast Ideas

Let me know if you try out any of these overnight oats recipes and thank you so so much for viewing my blog and supporting me xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment